For three days in May over 500 student participants from around the state will take over the Capitol and run a mock legislative session. In order to ensure all students, regardless of their financial situation, are able to participate in the Youth Legislature Program, YMCA Youth & Government offers opportunities for local families to host students during their stay in Olympia. This eliminates the cost of expensive hotel stays and offers a unique experience for volunteers and participants alike.
Volunteer Host Homes Needed May 5-8, 2010
Host families are asked to provide the following support:
- Sleeping accommodations for Wednesday, May 5 through Friday, May 7 (If necessary and requested, students can bring sleeping bags.)
- Greet students at your home on Wednesday, May 5 between 9:30 and 11 p.m.
- Breakfast for students on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday mornings prior to 8:00 a.m.
- Share dinner with your students on Friday, May 7, between 4:30 and 8:00 p.m.
Students’ advisors will provide transportation to and from all events
as well as all meals not specified above.
Volunteering as a Host Family during the YMCA Youth Legislature is a great opportunity to. . .
- Meet involved and motivated students from around Washington.
- Support the future of your community by supporting your future leaders.
- Be part of the democratic process by contributing to the education of our state’s youth.
- Have fun!!
As always, our goal is to help young people grow into responsible, productive, and caring adults. Your ongoing support is very important in this process.
Thank you in advance for your consideration of this request. For more information on this event please contact our office at 360-357-3475 or check out our website at www.youthandgovernment.org