- Low child-adult ratios
- Safe, nurturing environment with a country setting
- Parental involvement leads to a child’s future success in school
- Parents and children make lifelong friends
- Parents gain and increased understanding of child development
- Parents gain valuable skills
- Affiliated with South Puget Sound Community College
SICP is located at 6240 – 41st Ave. NW. Call them at 866-1819, for more information.
They have a web site at http://www.steamboatpreschool.org/
Griffin area parents and children are, I think, pretty lucky. There are good schools right here in the neighborhood. The Griffin School District is recognized for the achievements of its students. According to a recent edition of the “GriffinLink” newsletter:
Griffin made the grade for the Federal ‘Adequate Yearly Progress’ (AYP). Griffin School District is the only district in Thurston County to meet the AYP standard and one of only eight districts of the forty-four in our region (Educational Service District 113) to make the grade.
Steamboat Island Cooperative Preschool is an excellent program that’s operated in this area for years.
And, St. Christopher’s Community Preschool is a new program, starting at St. Christopher’ Community Church. The preschool program there has an Open House scheduled for Monday, March 16th. Click here to read the article we’ve written about that event.