The entire month of November, two local businesses – Steamboat Animal Hospital and Steamboat Tennis and Athletic Club – will be available to take your donations of food and winter supplies. These donations go far to help families living right here in the Griffin area. These are distributed by St. Christopher’s Community Church. As many of you already know, St. Christophers is our local satellite for the Thurston County Food Bank.
Each location will have two boxes for your donation. One is for people and pet food and the other for warm, winter weather gear (hats, gloves, scarves, stocking caps, socks, etc.).
Here is a list of the most sought-after items:
- Canned protein (tuna, chicken, beef stew, salmon, ravioli, spam)
- Peanut butter
- Canned fruit in natural juice
- Canned soups (meat and vegetarian)
- Boxed cereals
- Macaroni and cheese, ramen soup
- Canned chili (meat and vegetarian)
- Canned vegetables
- Oatmeal packets
- Single-serving snacks (chips, cookies, crackers, and fruit snacks)
- Granola bars
- Laundry soap
- Dish soap
- Baby wipes
- Baby diapers (all sizes)
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Toilet paper
- Winter weather gear (warm hats, gloves, scarves, stocking caps, socks, etc.)
- Dog and cat food (both dry and wet)
You are invited to drop your donations during regular business hours at:
The Griffin Neighborhood Associations thanks these two local businesses for their continued support of our community and for sponsoring the November food drive.