Livable Thurston, a coalition led by Futurewise, is presenting a forum and social event, March 7 at 5:30pm, at the Capitol Playhouse (612 E 4th Ave , Olympia WA , 98501).
This will be a strategy session and social hour on managing growth in Thurston County. According to organizers, “With over 65% of Thurston County voting down Initiative 933, me must now turn and use this collective voice at the county level. Find out what challenges and opportunities exist after I-933 in Thurston County.”
- Jeff Kingsbury , Olympia City Council Member and theater owner will welcome us and share his wit and wisdom
- Kaleen Cottingham , Futurewise lobbyist will speak on the post-933 legislative agenda and other current land-use legislation of major importance to our state
- Sue Danver with the Black Hills Audubon Society will talk about current projects being considered and their potential impacts
- Rhenda Strub of the Thurston County Planning Commission will address the importance of the County’s pending rezone decision
- Lisa Remlinger, President of Thurston Conservation Voters, will unveil a consensus list of Priorities for a Livable and Healthy Thurston County.
The program will include music, refreshments, and socializing.
Please RSVP (email email@example.com), so they can plan accordingly with snacks and drinks.